Too old to throw Castnet

I knew the day would come, it was inevitable, I can no longer throw a castnet and get out of bed the next day. No it isn't for sale just going in the far corner of my dock box to wait for my Grandson to grow big enough to throw it.

I can still get it out there in a nice round pattern and I can still haul the bait aboard but crawling around on my hands and knees after the little darling is tough. Eventually, they are all in the live-well even though many of them aren't. I don't like killing bait like that so I quit throwing a net.

I'm going to try something different, a Pinfish Trap but I'm skeptical. I've trapped Blue Crabs and I've trapped Lobsters but Pinfish are a very Wiley species. I'm doubtful they'll fall for the old bait in the trap trick.

I'm hopeful That Bass Pro Shop has on in stock today. http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=how+to+trap+pinfish&FORM=VIRE3#view=detail&mid=D1465362E5EA83DEBA6ED1465362E5EA83DEBA6E

Got two traps but unsuccessfull so far!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boating; Captain Manny Lee and Corazon Frisbee!

Boating; Nude beach, does Ft. Myers Beach really need another one?

Boating; Fishing Trip from Hell