Now It's Wisconsins turn but I won't be there!

Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead in this blog, is purely coincidental.
www.supershipbottom.com


"I'm not going to Wisconsin Day," said Erie Earl adamantly. "I don't mind most Wisconsin-ites so much, it's just the draft beer in plastic cups and over-priced Brats!"

"The Brats aren't over-priced. I'm going just for the Brats and to see if the Cheese Heads break last weeks Ohio Day record," said Cleveland Jack.

"It's a pretty unfair comparison because Gatlin performed for Ohio Day," said Hard Luck Hanna from Texarkana.

"Wisconsin Day is at the Parrot Key, too! And the Big Game Waterfront Grill and they left the tent up so it'll be hard to not beat Ohio Day's numbers. This is windfall profit time for those restaurants," I said!

"Well, we better get there early," said Jack. "I got to the Game at 11:30 am on Ohio Day and the place was already full."

"I'm not going," I said. "Ohio Day convinced me to skip the 'event days' because everything changes. I can drink out of Red Solo cups but not tiny plastic cups that Budweiser provides. And I haven't eaten Greek chili nor Kielbasa in 60 years, that I can remember. It's no way to treat locals and I'm sure Wisconsin Day will be the same. Except people will be wearing Cheese hats."

The Big Game, whose owners are from Wisconsin, always treated Ohioans a heck of a lot better than the Nauti Turtle, whose owners are allegedly from Ohio,” said OSU Jim.

Yeah, the Nauti Turtle threw the Ohio State fans and the Brown backers out,” said Cleveland Jack. “I went there for one beer on Ohio day just to see some friends. One 'four dollar beer' later and I was gone. They must be Michigan fans. There's a lot of cross boarder mingling in Toledo!”

I'm not sure that rearranging the furniture was the best idea on game days,” I said.

We were the only ones there at noon,” said Jack. “Don't be takin' sides against us Ohioans just because you can't remember where you're from.”

Witness Protection program, remember. I'll be at the Fishmonger for a beer and then Skip One Seafood!”

Boatguy Ed (boatguiEd@aol.com) is the manufacturer of the world's BEST bottom paint, www.supershipbottom.com and former Producer, Director, Co-Star and the guy who swept up at the “Boating Show” 1995 to 2000. Also Producer and Director of “Dining Out SWFL” and “Boater's Treasure TV.” Fort Myers Boating Columnist 2001 to 2013.

This blog/column is meant for educational purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. Void where prohibited. Some assembly required. Do not read while operating a vehicle or heavy machinery. Keep sending those great questions and comments or I'm going to stop doing this, I'm not kidding! (Contact) DeadEndCanalYC@aol.com.
Or boatguiEd@aol.com 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boating; Captain Manny Lee and Corazon Frisbee!

Boating; Nude beach, does Ft. Myers Beach really need another one?

Boating; Fishing Trip from Hell