Putting up with Crap!

So the food sucks but the beer is cold? What's the difference? It's hard to justify going somewhere that isn't good.

UPDATE;

Sunday; Taste of Fort Myers drained the Pukin' Pelican's personnel resources. NFL football waits for no one so the Pelican was short staffed. Football Nut Wife and I secured two great seats at the bar in front of the six big screen TVs after the early games were over. We had a coupon for "Take $10 off $30 tab so we ordered appetizers. She got a Cobb salad and I threw caution to the wind by ordering wings.

I never have much luck because I don't like them the way others do. "Wings, naked (no breading) Sudden Death (very hot) and not crispy, please," I said without having any expectation of getting them that way.

Ten minutes went past before the food arrived. The Cobb salad was normally good BUT the wings were GREAT! Perfectly cooked, crispy on the outside, succulent on the inside and hotter/spicier than normal hot Buffalo hot sauce. I was blown away. "These are great wings! Just the way I ordered them! I can't believe it!" I told everyone.

Then my wife shot an arrow through my ecstasy. "Look who isn't in the kitchen," she said. "Damn," I said when I couldn't see the head chef. "He does it on purpose," she said.

I savored my perfect wings and PBR on draft, knowing full well that this perfect combo wouldn't be a regular occurrence. Damn!


Boatguy Ed ( boatguiEd@aol.com ) is the manufacturer of the worlds BEST anti-fouling bottom paint, www.supershipbottom.com. Former Producer, Director, Star and the guy who swept up on the "Boating Show" 1995 to 2000. 

Producer/Director/Editor of "Dining out SWFL" and "Boater's Treasures TV." 
TWEET me @boatguyed and a corresponding web site is http://www.boatingbyboatguyed.com/  NEVER, EVER TRY TO BUY HIM A DRINK!

This blog/column is meant for educational purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. Void where prohibited. Some assembly required. Do not read while operating a motor vehicle or heavy equipment. Keep sending those great questions and comments to boatguiEd@aol.com.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boating; Captain Manny Lee and Corazon Frisbee!

Boating; Nude beach, does Ft. Myers Beach really need another one?

Boating; Fishing Trip from Hell