Boating; Fort Lauderdale Show by boatguy Ed

The 2013 Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show opened Thursday October 31st. I attended opening day and strolled the docks and halls looking for new equipment for my beloved 'Bijou V' and 'My 20%'. I was thoroughly amazed at the new stuff. Or rather at the re-designed stuff. After all, how many times can you invent the wheel or the anchor windlass.

I won't go into all that I saw because I'm sure you will attending yourself.

As a member of the 'Boating Writers' association, I was invited to attend a presentation by the Marine Marketers Association. The event featured a presentation by author and digital media marketing expert, Julie Perry. Her yachting-career guidebook, “The Insiders' Guide to Becoming a Yacht Stewardess,” was a must read for the cast of the new reality television show Below Deck during filming their first years filming. The show has been renewed for a second season.

Julie Perry is one of the most compelling speakers about every aspect of digital media. She may be working out of Indianapolis, Indiana but she has her finger on the pulse of the boating industry. She and the new television show Below Deck so inspired me that penned a screen play using our 'Dead End Canal Yacht Club' as a basis. I was able to giver her a copy of my screen play, 'While the Anchor Drags after her presentation. We'll wait and see if she thinks there is a round hole for this square peg?


Boatguy Ed ( boatguiEd@aol.com ) is the manufacturer of the worlds BEST anti-fouling bottom paint, www.supershipbottom.com. Former Producer, Director, Star and the guy who swept up on the "Boating Show" 1995 to 2000. 

Producer/Director/Editor of "Dining out SWFL" and "Boater's Treasures TV." 
TWEET me @boatguyed and a corresponding web site is http://www.boatingbyboatguyed.com/  NEVER, EVER TRY TO BUY HIM A DRINK!

This blog/column is meant for educational purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. Void where prohibited. Some assembly required. Do not read while operating a motor vehicle or heavy equipment. Keep sending those great questions and comments to boatguiEd@aol.com.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boating; Captain Manny Lee and Corazon Frisbee!

Boating; Nude beach, does Ft. Myers Beach really need another one?

Boating; Fishing Trip from Hell