Boating; Answering mail

Some of you like the Pukin' Pelican but most positive comments are from out-of-towners who will probably never get there.
It is a catchy name, reverse marketing ploy and all. Most people are afraid to order food but I have to admit our "Dead End Canal Yacht Club'' members really do like some of the food even though the menu hasn't changed in a long time.

The vast majority of the respondents have complained about the logo, mostly because they hate the name, period. They have sent me vile e-mails as if I had a hand in naming the place? This falls under the "don't shoot the messenger" heading, so boycott the place if you must but don't take it out on me. I have brought this to the attention of the management. They don't care!
 

Q; Why didn't you tell us about the horseshoe tournament last weekend? My wife and I are new and are pretty good with the shoes?

A: Sorry, I think it was a private affair because, even though we are regulars, it was pure luck that we found out about it. If one of the bartenders hadn't mentioned that the management was giving free Pabst Blue Ribbon (my favorite) and Pizzas to the contestants, I wouldn't have known either.
I'd recommned signing up for the e-mail list but I haven't received on in months.  Don't know what to tell you except to watch this blog and I'll try and do a better job.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boating; Captain Manny Lee and Corazon Frisbee!

Boating; Nude beach, does Ft. Myers Beach really need another one?

Boating; Fishing Trip from Hell