OMG Hurricane Season!

8/28/1999 10:00pm
"Don't tell me there is a Hurricane coming toward Florida. It will ruin the Labor Day picnic on Picnic Island that we planned," said Pine Island Lizzie. "We've been working on this all summer! Now, what will we do?"

"It ain't coming here," said Indianapolis Irene, "I mean the latest forecast has it hitting the Florida East Coast. My husband is already tying down the boat but I'm not scared! I'm worried more about losing Andrew Luck."


""I've got a bad feeling about this one," said Boston Bob. "Commodore boatguy reminded us at breakfast that Dorian is acting a lot like Andrew did in 1992."

"He ain't no weather forecaster. He's just a curmudgeon," said Indy Irene. "I'll stick with those professionals at the Weather Center."

"He was plenty right about Irma. He said it wasn't going to hit us as hard as that Matt Dimmwit on local TV said and he was right," said Texarkana Hanna. "90% of our canal residents evacuated, myself included. I remember him saying to me that she was going to turn and she did tight after she went over the Keys."


"I stayed and got drunk in Philadelphia Pauls's garage. It diverted okay but it still rattled that new, hurricane proof house! Ed was right about the storm surge. Instead of overwhelming us, it sucked all the water out," said Boston Bob

Pine Island Lizzie said, "It sucked not to have power for that long. I was sick of hearing the constant whine of the generators."

"Could have been worse. Thank God for the propane grills. Thank God for the out of state power companies for getting the power back on as soon as they did," said Boston Bob.


"We had several great post-hurricane parties," said Lizzie.

"We should know more by daybreak," said Run-aground Ralph. "I've got my motor home loaded but don't know which direction to go..."

Stay tuned for updates!

This blog/column is meant for educational purposes only. 
Strictly Satire! 
Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. 

Void where prohibited. Some assembly required. 
Do not read while operating a vehicle or heavy machinery. 

Keep sending those great questions and comments! (Contact) boatguyed@gmail.com 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boating; Captain Manny Lee and Corazon Frisbee!

Boating; Nude beach, does Ft. Myers Beach really need another one?

Boating; Fishing Trip from Hell