I hate South Florida Boat Shows Except the Ones on Fort Myers Beach



Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show is over and thanks be to God! We haven't done that show for years and I must have been out of my mind to return. The South Florida Marine Industries Association owns the show but Show Management runs it with an iron hand and it is one of the most vendor 'unfriendly' shows anywhere.

For instance, all the parking around the Broward Convention center doubled in price and were designed to set up us for tickets. No one knew when the show owned the parking lots, the Hilton Hotel or the City. Total rip-off. I was forced to take a barrier down so exhibitors could use the un-staging area because the attendant was late for the job. I was applauded by fellow venders but I was certain there was a ticket or worse in my future.
The amenities were lacking. The only place to get a $6 cup of Starbucks was way too far away. No rolling vendors or food trucks. The Convention center employees checked coolers and bags looking for contraband food and drink. Somehow they looked away when I approached. It's not cool to be so angry for such a long time.

The show ran from Thursday thru Monday. I assumed Monday was a legal Holiday but it wasn't. Why end it on a dead ass weekday, WHY! I hope they don't look for me next year! I'll have to develope AZ before then to forget how pissed I was!

Comments

Anonymous said…
...and we hate paying so much to go to boat shows. The VIP day was $40 and the regular admission was nearly $30. I went VIP but I swear it will be the last time...
Anonymous said…
Good seeing you at the show. Nice to see Fort Myers ppl exhibiting.

Popular posts from this blog

Boating; Captain Manny Lee and Corazon Frisbee!

Boating; Nude beach, does Ft. Myers Beach really need another one?

Boating; Fishing Trip from Hell