Stand a Post On The Wall Of Liberty!

I was sitting at the newly deserted Sunset Bar last night with a wanna-be 1%er who tried to illict from me a negetive story about the Veterans Administration care of veterans. He tried to get me going by telling me a story about his Father-in-Law and the poor care he received from a VA Hospital in St. Louis.

I explained that I had been treated for several conditions since becoming a VA patient. He really didn't want to hear that so he cited statistics about the cost of the care and didn't "I" think it was an expensive undertaking.

I could feel the hot breath of the "Dead End Canal Yacht Club" members sitting around us so I asked if he had answered the call. A list of his defferments spewed forth. "In the movie "A Few Good Men", Jack Nicholson tells the snot nosed prosecutor that he can't STAND the truth and maybe he should pick up a rifle and stand a post on the wall of liberty (paraphrasing)."

He mumbled something and wandered off. "Kind of harsh," said Boston Bob. I asked if he truly believed I was. "No, but you sliced him up pretty good!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boating; Captain Manny Lee and Corazon Frisbee!

Boating; Nude beach, does Ft. Myers Beach really need another one?

Boating; Fishing Trip from Hell