Red Right Returning, Whatever!

Most of the "Dead End Canal Yacht Club" members weren't born on the water like a few. We came to it by choice and learned to love the 'wet world' because that was where we felt at home. 30 years ago there wasn't a towing service on every corner so you had to learn the water and the charts.

Boating by Boatguy Ed Web Site Maybe today's boater are more progressive but with the rise in collisions, that might not be the case. The winter activity used to include U.S. Coast Guard Auxilary boating courses. I, myself and me took everything all the way up to Celestial over a ten year span. I was well 'book' qualified even before I started sailing the deep blue sea.

Yet when I recommend safety or operational courses to newcomers they scoff. "I've had a boat on Lake Wobegone for 15 years."

This ain't Wobegone but you'll be if you don't get some ducation......

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boating; Captain Manny Lee and Corazon Frisbee!

Boating; Nude beach, does Ft. Myers Beach really need another one?

Boating; Fishing Trip from Hell