Boating...Times, they are a-changing'!

Times, they are a-changing'! They surely are. Why just yesterday I watched a fellow in a Green Bay jersey splitting a seafood Pizza with a fellow wearing a Minnesota Viking jersey while watchin' them play each other at the Nauti Parrot Dock Bar. They got along good, not great but there was nary a punch thrown but plenty of good natured kidding.

I discovered that they were next door neighbors and displayed their favorite teams pennant right up to the 55plus Condo Commando's by law rules. They may have been rebels in their youths but they were law-abiding senior citizens now.

My wife, Masochistic Marion, was parked right in front of a big screen television so she couldn't miss one teeny, weeny bit of pain and disappointment of the Cleveland Bums! I was there to enjoy her enthusiasm or despair. As my friends and family can attest she is a better show than the game.
But yesterday, Sunday October 15, 2017, she didn't put on much of a show! 

No hollering, clapping, shouting nor gleeful cheering at the participants. Her despair was magnified because the Browns were starting the 29th Quarterback in recent memory and he was replacing a poor Quarterback from my favorite College.

A breath of fresh air, University of Stanford grad, 6'3”, 205 lbs, runs like the wind but doesn't have the strongest arm. So the coaches kept calling passes into the flats which needs a frozen rope type pass to keep the ball from being intercepted or deep balls into double coverage which needs to be slightly over-thrown not under-thrown to keep the pass from being intercepted, which it was?

After the 1st quarter perfect strangers were offering condolences. After half time perfect strangers were trying to steal our television for a more competitive game and after the 3rd quarter we left. For 3 whole quarters I drank Diet Coke despite a huge display of alcohol staring me in my face. I really didn't want a Pabst Blue Ribbon but I felt that it was my reward.

So I had one and we left. Myself, vowing not to do that again and my wife, Masochistic Marion inventing good points of the game. She is very creative and if you saw the game you'd agree. So, I don't know nor care who the Cleveland Bums start as QB! I don't know nor care who the Cleveland Bums play next but something tells me that I'll be seated next to Masochistic Marion at my favorite waterfront bar/restaurant next Sunday! Boat Safe!

This blog/column is meant for educational purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. All images are merely for humor and not meant to comment on subject. Void where prohibited. Some assembly required. Do not read while operating a vehicle or heavy machinery. Keep sending those great questions and comments! (Contact) boatguied@aol.com


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boating; Captain Manny Lee and Corazon Frisbee!

Boating; Nude beach, does Ft. Myers Beach really need another one?

Boating; Fishing Trip from Hell