My Apologies...

Boating is...

by boatguy Ed

While scanning thru the ever decreasing comments in my Blog about the Dead End Canal Yacht Club one particularly nasty one leaped from the handful. Leaving out all personal info from the writer except to say that I feel sorry for his obvious incarceration in whatever institution he is forced to reside. Here goes;
"boatguy, you are as alike as two peas in a pod with all the other bullshit bloggers. At your own leisure, whenever you get around to it no matter the loyalty you've asked for from the people who you read your occasional drivel. No wonder you aren't in the papers anymore! Write about boats or take the easy way out, copy and paste news into your blog."

"Don't leave us hanging weeks at a time and not tell us about developed characters that we've come to like, love and hate. F.O.", and then he signed it with his twitter handle. A true numb skull!

I am not going to try to justify my inaction's with the long list of MAJOR health problems because you all will face some if not all the things that are trying to kill me someday! (I will say that the Ebola and the Berry Berry has cleared up for the time being.)

If you remember back just a few years maybe you recollect that I was prolific in my weekly column and then my blog. I never felt that my writing suffered from the change but the audience for the writing sure did. In the 'Fort Myers Beach Fish Wrapper Gazettes' my audience was old guys and gals. Despite my best interest, most of them fell away during the switch to this electronic medium.

Even after I developed an e-mail alert system, more and more drifted away except if I saw them out in a bar or restaurant. I would ask why they didn't get my e-mail and they would give me old ppls excuses.

So, I assume the complainer is a younger person, probably under 65 with an e-mail account and I got it now!

Sure I am a professional Veterans Affairs patient and therefore I am going or coming back from some appointment in one of those facilities. It takes up my time but I have plenty of time left and plenty of subject matter. Now to my excuse!

My Mother-in-Law lived with us for her last years and when our dog passed she desired one of her own. A small dog, easy for her to walk. So we rescued a Puggle puppy. 'Roscoe' was too powerful for her to walk on her best day. We, as a family knew nothing about small dogs, never had one. Even less about the experimental breed of combining a Pug and a Beagle.

He was tiny when we got him and perpetually hungry. We fed him and fed him. Mama fed him the most but everyone is partly to blame. I must say I disliked small dogs the most, so naturally he bonded with me.

So, now to the excuse. Whenever I am in my office, Roscoe lies right in the doorway and snores louder than my wife. That was a joke because we all know our wives don't snore. To counteract the melodious tune I am forced to play 'I Heart' oldies radio which breaks my concentration but if I turn it down my wife wakes me up to ask, “Aren't you sleeping good at night?” She is so kind.


There, I hope you are happy Mister Complainer. That is the truth. I only fell asleep 3 times (that I remember) over the two days that it took me to write this piece....
This blog/column is meant for educational purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. All images are merely for humor and not meant to comment on subject. Void where prohibited. Some assembly required. Do not read while operating a vehicle or heavy machinery. Keep sending those great questions and comments! (Contact) boatguied@aol.com

Comments

Anonymous said…
A very weak excuse!

Popular posts from this blog

Boating; Captain Manny Lee and Corazon Frisbee!

Boating; Nude beach, does Ft. Myers Beach really need another one?

Boating; Fishing Trip from Hell