Firing Cancer Sufferers can't be good for business?



"I can't believe someone would fire a woman while she's battling breast cancer," said 'Run-aground' Ralph. We fellow "Dead End Canal Yacht Club' members were deeply moved by Ralph's incredulity . Ralph's many careers included owning a non-union foundry outside of Chicago and he bragged how ruthlessly he treated his employees. “Even I wouldn't have stooped so low!”

It's all over the beach,” said Boston Bob, “even heard it from a couple of early snowbirds I brought to the beach the other day.” Yes, he's back driving 'airport transportation. NOT TAXI! We're even debating changing his nickname to 'not a taxi driver Bob'!

I hear there will be a boycott and it might have already started,” said Erie Earl, “it was me and Cleveland Jack and the young bar maid the other happy hour.”

I thought people were staying away because of the banishment of a favorite 'DECYC' member but I can see how more emotional it is when they fire cancer patients,” I said.

You can't believe how angry people are! Even the Korean lady that does my nails was talking about it. I didn't know the whole gist of the conversation because it was in Korean but I heard the important words,” said 'Hard Luck' Hanna.

They'd been trying to get rid of her for a long time,” said Erie Earl, “I see her son around and he said they were making her life miserable ever since she was diagnosed.”

The Reverend got up and walked over to the rail overlooking the water and bowed his head. “He's saying a “Fuck-em prayer,” said Boston Bob.

I sure hope it takes,” said 'Run-aground' Ralph. So do we all! Let the boycott continue!

(This blog/column is meant for educational purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. Void where prohibited. Some assembly required. Do not read while operating a vehicle or heavy machinery. Keep sending those great questions and comments! (Contact) DeadEndCanalYC@aol.com)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boating; Captain Manny Lee and Corazon Frisbee!

Boating; Nude beach, does Ft. Myers Beach really need another one?

Boating; Fishing Trip from Hell