Drinking not fishing Near Fort Myers Beach

A group of friends of friends of friends from Ohio came to town and borrowed my Biddison 22 for a week of fishing. They had impeccable credentials including Coast Guard Auxiliary certification. The only requirement I imposed was that my boat had to be back at my dock two hours after sunset every day.


Take a wild guess at how many days it made the dock? If you said one you'd be one over. It didn't bother me that much but the wife was pissed. I knew where the boat was and twice I swung by to see it was at my neighbors dock.


I ran into them at Dock Fords and they were sufficiently contrite. They promised to have it ship shape and home the night before they left. They must have docked it in the middle of the night because it was magically there in the morning. In the boat there were s few beer cans but no dings or dents.


The 22 Biddison has more storage than any other boat ever built. I started to clean the boat but was called away, wink, wink!


When I got home my wife had two garbage bags full of empty beer cans sitting on the dock. I asked her if she had raided the neighbors recycle bins. She bent my ears back. I apologized and I promised to never do it again.


My conversation with the friend who brokered the deal was precious. My wife broke in on an extension and gave him a piece of her mind, too. They weren't college kids but irresponsible adults. Never again. Live and learn.

(This blog/column is meant for educational purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. Void where prohibited. Some assembly required. Do not read while operating a vehicle or heavy machinery. Keep sending those great questions and comments! (Contact) DeadEndCanalYC@aol.com) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boating; Captain Manny Lee and Corazon Frisbee!

Boating; Nude beach, does Ft. Myers Beach really need another one?

Boating; Fishing Trip from Hell