Throw me a dock line!

Whenever I'm on the water and stop in at a marina one of the dock hands will always want to tell a story of a catastrophe that occured recently. They usaully start out by telling me that a new boater or an inexpierenced boater did this or did that. The all time best was a story I heard recently from Dwayne and Frank dock attendants at the 'Tween Water' marina on Captiva Island, Florida.

"A boat club was docking on Friday afternoon last month and one boat in particular was having trouble so frank and I were paying real close attention to this 28 foot cruiser. It took the skipper 5 or 6 attempts to get her into the slip but he finally was almost all the way in when I shouted to the lady on the bow, 'Throw me a dock line,' " said Dwayne.

"She ran around searching for one and finally the skipper told her to look in one of the lockers and out came a West Marine bag out of which she pulled a brand new color coded double braided dock line still in the package," said Dwayne who was about to bust a seam.

Frank continued, "She threw the entire package to Dwayne and then pulled out another one and said, I swear to God, 'how many more do you want?' "

We all laughed and the people around gave us a weird look but you have to laugh or you'd cry!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boating; Captain Manny Lee and Corazon Frisbee!

Boating; Nude beach, does Ft. Myers Beach really need another one?

Boating; Fishing Trip from Hell