VA is Competant

Let me tell you how good the Florida VA care is... On the way back from a 2 week driving vacation I became short of breath with coughing and wheezing. I self-diagnosed upper respiratory infection but since my open heart surgery and unresolved issues were on our minds, Marion and I swung over to the VA Hospital in St. Pete. Thru the Emergency room I was admitted for upper respiratory infection or Congested Heart Failure. Battery of tests concluded Bronchitis but my Hospitalist was still convinced of CHF until Marion caught my stuff. 

In the mean time my CT scan showed total blockage in one of the artery's not replaced during the CABG. The procedure had been on hold because of infection. Whamo I was scheduled for an Angioplasty of a totally blocked vessel? 


YIKES Even some of my family in the field were concerned.
A hotshot Doctor explained it would be no problem. He did them all the time, he had this! Somewhat abrasive but very confident. He did it! WOW and this is the VA that everybody thinks is incompetent and overcrowded.
Home and very Happy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boating; Captain Manny Lee and Corazon Frisbee!

Boating; Nude beach, does Ft. Myers Beach really need another one?

Boating; Fishing Trip from Hell